Southwire 600V EF EPR/PE Armored Underground Signal Cable is suited for use in vital railroad signal circuit applications where crush resistance, termite & rodent protection and secure service life are a concern. May be installed in wet or dry locations. Capable of operating continuously at a conductor temperature not in excess of 90°C for normal operation, 130°C for emergency overload conditions, & 250°C for short circuit conditions.
Southwire 600V EF EPR/PE Armored Underground Signal Cable conductors meet or exceed the applicable requirements of the following standards and specifications:
• ASTM-B3 - solid uncoated copper conductors
• ASTM-B8 – uncoated compressed copper conductors
• ASTM-B496 - uncoated compact round copper conductors
• ASTM B-465 - Cu 19400 Alloy Armor Tape
• ICEA S-95-658/NEMA WC70 (Physical & Electrical Requirements)
• AREMA Signal Manual Part 10.3.19 for EPR Type I Insulation
• AREMA Signal Manual Part 10.3.21 for PE Type II Jacket
Southwire 600V EF EPR/PE Armored Underground Signal Cables offer flexible, easy bending EPR insulation, quick cable preparation, 90°C continuous operating temperature, & resistance to moisture and most oils, acids & alkalies. This product is manufactured with lead free EPR assembled with non-whicking flame retardant fillers when necessary, and tightly secured with an 8 mil cushioning tape. The core construction is then helically wrapped with a 7 mil Cu 194 alloy tape, & an applied PE jacket.